BANANA BREAD Superfood Edition!
Hey Banana Bread Lover!
Today, I wanted to share with you one of my favourite recipes for a healthy and delicious Banana Bread using our special signature blend: GUT FEELING!
When we think of Banana bread we think it is often sweet and heavy so we wanted to make an alternative and healthier option for you, so you can enjoy this delicious bread while doing something good for yourself!
At the same time we want you to benefit from the powerful ingredients of our Signature Blend GUT FEELING! It is a strong anti-inflammatory mix that helps against bloating and strengthens your digestion but also improves your happy hormones! Happy gut = happy mood!
This recipe is the ideal treat or healthy dessert to take care of yourself and your loved ones at home!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 250g flour (ideally a mix of wheat, spelt and oat but you can be creative – the darker flours you use, the more “rusty” the bread will taste – I usually use 100g wheat flour, 75 spelt, and 75 oat flour)
- 50g oat flakes
- 75g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 50ml oat milk (or other plant milk)
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas (leave one extra for the top)
- 75 g roasted hazelnuts, chopped (again here, you can be creative and use all kind of nuts 😊)
- 1 heaped tablespoon GUT FEELING signature blend
- optionally a handful of chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE IT:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mash bananas in another bowl and add all dry ingredients as well as the oil and milk. Blend well.
Put baking paper in a pan and pour the mix in it.
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees and bake the bread for 40-45min until it turns brown on the top.
Let cool down a bit and enjoy with nut butter and some date syrup!
Enjoy all the benefits from our special Banana Bread recipe and let us know what you think!